Shadow Night Survivalist Group
Welcome back soldier!
Welcome back soldier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is the home of the Shadow Night a survivalist group based in South Australia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DIY MRE's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James 'DedMan' Manuel
Admin
James 'DedMan' Manuel

DIY MRE's  Empty
PostSubject: DIY MRE's    DIY MRE's  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:44 am

Gday,

If any of you have looked at buying MRE's I suggest you stop right there. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND TASTE LIKE CRAP! (Now they don't taste fantastic so soldiers don't pig out on them) But never the less you will want good tasting and nutritious food packed in your BOB. I have looked around in the supermarket today while I was out and saw some very nice and healthy food around to use when making up your own MRE's. Things like puff rice, puff corn, muesli and oats are all excellent sources of energy, are light weight and taste great. Buying small packets of salt, sugar, pepper, tea, coffee, condensed milk etc. are very handy to have as well. Instant soups like the continental ones make excellent side dishes and entrees, where rice, pasta and noodles are perfect for main meals with a satchel of flavoring. I hope I have given you some good ideas for making up your own MRE's. I will add another post about storage for your food in your MRE's later when I find out a good way myself, in the meantime feel free to post about methods of storage to keep them airtight if you know about it yourself.

As always stay safe.

Thanks,

-James 'DedMan' Manuel
Back to top Go down
https://shadownightsurvival.forumotion.com
Nathan Bickley

Nathan Bickley

DIY MRE's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY MRE's    DIY MRE's  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:14 am

great idea you made a good point as well MRE's are expensive and would taste like shit. i know what to get at the shops now Smile
Back to top Go down
James 'DedMan' Manuel
Admin
James 'DedMan' Manuel

DIY MRE's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY MRE's    DIY MRE's  EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 am

Glad I could help Smile
Back to top Go down
https://shadownightsurvival.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

DIY MRE's  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY MRE's    DIY MRE's  Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY MRE's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Night Survivalist Group :: Survival and Preparedness Forum :: DIY - Do It Yourself-
Jump to: