Shadow Night Survivalist Group
Welcome back soldier!
Welcome back soldier!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is the home of the Shadow Night a survivalist group based in South Australia.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seeds and Farming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James 'DedMan' Manuel
Admin
James 'DedMan' Manuel

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:39 am

Gday everyone,

I was having a think this morning and noticed a flaw in our Bug Out Plan- WE HAVE NO FARMING PLANS!!! This is a major flaw as we cant sustain ourselves for a long period of time. So I have been looking for seeds that can be replanted (so none of the cheap ass rubbish seeds from Bunnings where they die and you don't get seeds from it to regrow) So far I have only found a few but nothing worthwhile. If you have any family that grow their own produce ask them if they have seeds that you can collect and regrow, then get a plastic container with divided sections and separate them by type. (for example carrot seeds in one section and onion seeds in another)

I hope you can all start asking around as it will come in handy if this ever gets real.

As always stay safe,

-James 'DedMan' Manuel
Back to top Go down
https://shadownightsurvival.forumotion.com
Butcher

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:41 am

if you want seeds the best you can do is grow some from the bunnings seeds now, collect the seeds at harvest and dry them for several weeks infront of the fire, if you can buy the organic version there is better plant an onion from woolies and in the ground around now and it should produce a spike in about 2 months time collect the spike in a paper bag and shake them off. take some organic potatoes when you 'bug out' and chuck tem in the soil.

its pretty hard to kill most plants, follow what the packet saysand it'll always grow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James 'DedMan' Manuel
Admin
James 'DedMan' Manuel

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

Thanks for the info Isaac Smile
Back to top Go down
Butcher

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:17 pm

it might be worthwhile for everyone to do some reasearch on herbal medicines that you can grow, off the top of my head it would be good to grow catmint for a tea to stop stomach problems and echinacea flower for preventing colds. bay is good for preventing mounld and bacteria getting into shit
Back to top Go down
James 'DedMan' Manuel
Admin
James 'DedMan' Manuel

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Ok I will look into it Smile
Back to top Go down
Butcher

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Spring is here guys so see if your parents will let you dig a plot in your back yard
good plants to start looking for are:
corn
beans ( in the next few weeks when we have at least 5 days over 20)
carrots
beetroot
potatoes
radish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seeds and Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeds and Farming   Seeds and Farming Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeds and Farming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow Night Survivalist Group :: Survival and Preparedness Forum :: Farming, Gardening & Recipes-
Jump to: